Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Intro

Ok! This is the blog where I talk about health related stuff. Mostly about my own health and the stuff I do to try and improve it. Maybe it'll work for you. Maybe not. The most-likely option: no one reads it in the first place. haha I'm no fitness pro, nor do I claim to be. I am just going to document what I do in my attempt to change my lifestyle to improve my health.

To track changes, there must first be a baseline to compare to. So here it is, my condition (essentially).

I'm 5'10-11'' based on who is measuring. 180ish lbs. I am lucky/unlucky to where my body reacts to exercise and diet pretty quickly so when I do well, the next week I can tell. Unfortunately it goes both ways.
I ran cross country in high school and have been in decent shape until 2010 where I pretty much stopped working out completely, got married, and ate way too well. (My wife is an amazing cook)  So I am now out of shape and in the largest set of clothes I've ever had in my life. It isn't an easy thing to live with as I'm still not used to having my older clothes not fit and be tired after the first half mile of running!

Now that we are acquainted, lets begin by talking about what I am dong and what I'm TRYING to do.
-Run 3-4 times a week. Sometimes taking one of my dogs (usually Captain) with me.
-Weight lift 2 times a week
-Eat mostly my homemade power bars for protein and salad/fruit/vegetables for the rest (mostly lettuce and raw peppers. no dressing)
-Take dogs on regular walks with the wife

What I actually do....
-Run maybe 2 times a week.
-think about weight lifting
-eat a power bar in the morning and then my wife makes herself food (that is amazingly delicious) and I eat her leftovers.... not quite the calorie reducing plan....
-whip out the flashlight and let the dogs chase the light up and down the stairs until they are exhausted. (I may be lazy but I do let them get their energy out and play)


yeah..... so hopefully I can get better at it...

No comments:

Post a Comment